Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcome to the most awesome place on the intermanet!

Here I will post the true story about my life as a skier in text, pictures and a videoblog (first episode dropping any day now!). You will see and read about awesome park and powderdays, skiing on less than perfect snow, financial problems, roadtrips with the best of friends and much, much more.

So, who am I? I'm just an ordinary guy from Borås in southern sweden who moved away from the flats to ski everyday possible. This will be my fourth season, which I will spend mostly in Salzburgerland and Kärnten, Austria. Me and some friends rent an apartment in the Gasteinervalley, just a couple of hundred meters from the nearest skilift in Bad Gastein.

I spent my first and second season as a liftie in Funäsdalen, Sweden, but wanted to ski more days, more pow and on bigger mountains. Said and done, last year me and a bunch of friends went to Revelstoke, BC, Canada and had a great season! Unfortunately it didn't really snow as much as we hoped for (does it ever?), but we got a lot of good days with the help of our skins and trekkers.

Here is a video from last season

If you want to watch more of my videos, visit my page at contour

Since skiing is a expensive sport (especially when you do it full-time) I would like to thank all the companies and people that helps me to ski as much as I possibly can;

Contour - Jason Green for letting me use the awesome ContourHD helmetcams, without them this project wouldn't be possible. One of my first sponsors, the first ones to feature any of my videos and they've always been super nice to me.

NoCopy - All of the guys and girls involved for supporting me with gear and letting me design my own "promodel"-lineup

exstreamTV - Steve Brebner for airing my videos so everybody can take part of the joy of skiing. Hopefully my videos will convey the joy I get from skiing to the viewers.

The Snow Troopers - All of you, you're really good guys and ripping skiers. One of the first ones to feature any of my videos on their site.

Skistore - Each and everyone of you for letting me buy stuff for cheap and running the best ski store I've ever visited!

Make sure you visit all of the above sites and/or like them on facebook, supernice people all of them!

Stay tuned!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment